St. Stephen Catholic School encourages parents to volunteer, as it benefits each child to have their families involved in their school. The Diocese of St. Petersburg requires all school and parish volunteers to complete a Safe Environment Course and a Level II background check. Volunteers are required to pay the cost of the background check. In addition to financial support of the school, each family is asked to provide volunteer service hours to the many different projects that support our school.
• All parents of students are required to complete 20 volunteer hours in the school year.
• New Families are required to do 4 of these hours for Angels Among Us fundraiser.
• Any hours not completed by April 30th will be billed at $50 per hour.
• Hours are available from May 1 thru April 30 and must be approved thru the school administration.
• These procedures are required prior to volunteering: Screening Procedures including the Safe Environment
Please visit the school office to set up a volunteer account for recording the hours volunteered. Questions will be gladly answered by the office administration regarding the program procedures. Also, please refer to the Parent/Student Handbook for easy reference.